Method of Hospitalization Charges Payment
- Hospitalization charges are calculated based on a predetermined fixed daily rate depending on the disease name (medical condition) of the hospitalized patient. Please note that surgery, treatment, some tests and prescriptions at discharge, etc., are charged separately.
※Depending on the injury or disease, calculation may be by the conventional "piecework payment system". The piecework payment system is a system whereby basic medical fees, medication fees, injection fees, treatment fees, surgery and anesthesia fees, testing fees, diagnostic imaging fees, guidance and management fees, and other fees are calculated in accordance with the provisions of the Health Insurance Act.
- Dietary medical expenses (standard costs) are charged separately.
- The days of admission and discharge are charged as full days regardless of the time.
- Hospital charges of the previous month are calculated around 10th of every month until you leave the hospital. The bill is delivered to your room. Inpatients are requested to pay the bill within 20 days. Additionally, when being discharged from the hospital, you will be given the bill at the Inpatients Reception counter; please pay by the end of the day. Some additional hospital charges cannot be appeared on the bill until after your discharge. Please be aware that you still may be sent additional charges.
To make your payment, please use the automated payment machines located in the Outpatient Ward Entrance Hall or at Inpatients Reception.
Outpatient Ward Entrance Hall Weekdays: 8:30 am-5:30 pm (excluding nonconsultation days) Inpatients Reception Available 24 hours a day, year round (including weekends and holidays).
Machines are shut down temporarily for daily maintenance between 11:30 pm and 12:30 am (1 hour) and on weekdays between 7:30 am and 8:30 am (40 minutes).
The machines may also be unavailable at other unscheduled times for maintenance.
- To make a payment using an automated payment machine you must have a patient registration card from the hospital.
- You may pay in cash or by credit card (JCB, VISA, UFJ, American Express, Nicos, MasterCard, Diners Club), or by a debit card (bank card). However you must know the PIN code associated with the card.
- Be sure to check the limit amount of your credit card before using it.
Concerning details about your credit limit, please check with the company or financial institution that issues the card.
- When paying by debit card, please be aware that the allowable times of day for its use differ among financial institutions.
- You will need a receipt in order to claim a medical expenses deduction on your income tax or to get reimbursed for expensive treatment. Receipts will not be reissued, so keep it in a safe place.
- If you have any questions about hospitalization charges, please inquire at Inpatients Reception before you make payment.
- Please go to (7) Payment Corner if you have any questions about the method of payment.
- It is possible that your payment can be reduced if you present your Eligibility Certificate for Ceiling-Amount Application at the counter. Ask your insurer for details.
Information for Outpatients
|First visit||8:30 am to 11:00 am|
|Revisit||8:30 am to 11:30 am|
|Revisit with appointment||8:30 am to 3:00 pm|
※First-time visitors to Osaka University Hospital must have a referral from a physician.
Outpatient consultation days
Monday to Friday
Saturdays, Sundays, Holidays New Year’s Holidays: Dec. 29 to Jan. 3