How to Pay Your Medical Care Fee and Receive Prescribed Drugs
After all of your medical examinations and tests have been completed for the day, please submit your patient registration card, outpatient card (white, pink, or yellow-green papers from each medical unit), and any documents (certificates), along with your health insurance card (only at the beginning of the month) at the (5) Fee Calculation counter on the first floor before the end of the day.
A number slip will be issued to you upon receipt of the above documents at this counter. When your fee calculation is finished, your number will appear on the electronic display, and then you can pay the fee at the automated payment machine.
You can pay by cash, credit card or debit card (bank card).
Accepted credit cards:
Location and hours of the payment machines
|Outpatient Ward Entrance Hall
|Weekdays: 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
(excluding non-consultation days)
|Available 24 hours a day, year round (including weekends and holidays).
Machines are shut down temporarily for daily maintenance between 11:30 pm and 12:30 am (1 hour) and on weekdays between 7:30 am and 8:30 am (40 minutes).
The machines may also be unavailable at other unscheduled times for maintenance.
Instructions for using the automated payment machine
- To make a payment using an automated payment machine you must have a patient registration card from the hospital.
- You may pay in cash or by credit card (JCB, VISA, UFJ, American Express, Nicos, MasterCard, Diners Club), or by a debit card (bank card). However you must know the PIN code associated with the card.
- Be sure to check the limit amount of your credit card before using it. Concerning details about your credit limit, please check with the company or financial institution that issues the card.
- When paying by debit card, please be aware that the allowable times of day for its use differ among financial institutions.
- You will need a receipt in order to claim a medical expenses deduction on your income tax or to get reimbursed for expensive treatment. Receipts will not be reissued, so keep it in a safe place.
For more information on payments, feel free to contact us:
|Accounting/Credit Management Section in the Medical Affairs Division||Tel: 06-6879-5111
(Weekdays: 8:30 am - 5:30 pm)
If, due to unavoidable circumstances, you must procure drugs from the hospital pharmacy department, wait for it at the (11) Drugs/Home Care Supplies counter and get it when your number is called on the number board.
Information for Outpatients
|First visit||8:30 am to 11:00 am|
|Revisit||8:30 am to 11:30 am|
|Revisit with appointment||8:30 am to 3:00 pm|
※First-time visitors to Osaka University Hospital must have a referral from a physician.
Outpatient consultation days
Monday to Friday
Saturdays, Sundays, Holidays New Year’s Holidays: Dec. 29 to Jan. 3