Payment of Fees
After all of your medical examinations and tests have been completed for the day, please submit your patient registration card, outpatient card (white, pink, or yellow-green papers from each medical unit), and any documents (certificates), along with your health insurance card (only at the beginning of the month) at the (5) Fee Calculation counter on the first floor before the end of the day.However, debit cards (bank cards) cannot be used to register for the deferred payment of medical fees described below.
Patients who have completed pre-registration for deferred payment of medical expenses should submit them to (7) Deferred Payment counter on the first floor.
A number slip will be issued to you upon receipt of the above documents at this counter. When your fee calculation is finished, your number will appear on the electronic display, and then you can pay the fee at the automated payment machine.
You can pay by cash, credit card or debit card (bank card).
Deferred payment registration will be confirmed at (7) Deferred Payment. If registration is confirmed to be correct, reception is completed and you can go home.
Medical expenses will be deducted at a later date through the pre-registered credit card company.
Deferred payment service(Web registration is required in advance.)
For outpatient medical expenses, this service allows you to return home without waiting to make payment, just by acceptance at the counter for that purpose.
Outpatient medical expenses for that day will be automatically settled at a later date from the registered credit card.
However, this service cannot be used to pay hospitalization expenses.
Using the deferred payment service for medical expenses requires registration in advance. Access the deferred payment application screen with your PC or smartphone using the QR code or URL, and register the number of your patient registration card, credit card information, and e-mail address, etc.
The service will be available from the day you register.
Please check the following confirmation items before registering. This service is not available in the following instances.
These cannot be mailed. Please visit the hospital to print them out.
Please note that post-payment of medical services is not available in the instances outlined below.
After you have completed all your examinations and checkups as usual, please proceed to the (5) Fee Calculation counter on the first floor. There, please submit your medical examination ticket, basic outpatient card, various slips such as notifications, and your health insurance card (only at the beginning of the month).
- Patients with a copayment maximum limit control card (for specified chronic diseases in childhood, medical services for persons with disabilities, hepatitis, etc.) for various public fees
- Patients paying their bill with a Medical Examination Ticket for Maternal Checkups and Infant Checkups (issued by a local government)
- Those who have an outstanding balance for medical expenses
- Those who are undergoing a clinical trial (Such payments are calculated at the clinical trial desk.)
Registration site URL:https://s2.medicalpay.jp/osaka/login/
For safety, please switch to your own connection environment during registration until completion.
(Wi-fi off, etc.)
Credit settlement of outpatient medical expenses will be processed a few days after the consultation, and you will be notified of the amount by e-mail.
When using deferred payment, receipts and medical treatment statements can be obtained from the time you have been notified of the amount by e-mail, using a dedicated printer installed in the hospital.
Cards that can be used with the automated payment machine:
Location and hours of the automated payment machine
|Outpatient Ward Entrance Hall
|Weekdays: 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
(excluding non-consultation days)
|Available 24 hours a day, year round (including weekends and holidays).
Machines are shut down temporarily for daily maintenance between 11:30 pm and 12:30 am (1 hour) and on weekdays between 7:30 am and 8:30 am (40 minutes).
The machines may also be unavailable at other unscheduled times for maintenance.
Instructions for using the automated payment machine
- To make a payment using an automated payment machine you must have a patient registration card from the hospital.
- You may pay in cash or by credit card (JCB, VISA, UFJ, American Express, Nicos, MasterCard, Diners Club), or by a debit card (bank card). However you must know the PIN code associated with the card.
- Be sure to check the limit amount of your credit card before using it. Concerning details about your credit limit, please check with the company or financial institution that issues the card.
- When paying by debit card, please be aware that the allowable times of day for its use differ among financial institutions.
- You will need a receipt in order to claim a medical expenses deduction on your income tax or to get reimbursed for expensive treatment. Receipts will not be reissued, so keep it in a safe place.
For more information on payments, feel free to contact us:
|Accounting/Credit Management Section in the Medical Affairs Division||Tel: 06-6879-5111
(Weekdays: 8:30 am - 5:30 pm)
If, due to unavoidable circumstances, you must procure drugs from the hospital pharmacy department, wait for it at the (11) Drugs/Home Care Supplies counter and get it when your number is called on the number board.
Information for Outpatients
|First visit||8:30 am to 11:00 am|
|Revisit||8:30 am to 11:30 am|
|Revisit with appointment||8:30 am to 3:00 pm|
※First-time visitors to Osaka University Hospital must have a referral from a physician.
Outpatient consultation days
Monday to Friday
Saturdays, Sundays, Holidays New Year’s Holidays: Dec. 29 to Jan. 3