Specialized medical services
- Neonatal Surgery
- We diagnose many kinds of congenital anomalies and provide best treatment to the infants who require surgical treatment in the neonatal periods. We are actively performing prenatal diagnosis in cooperation with the department of Obstetrics.
- Surgical Emergency
- We are accepting emergency patients with acute abdomen who require surgical treatment on a 24-hour basis throughout the year.
- Hepatic Surgery
- We treat the patients with hepatobiliary diseases including biliary atresia and congenital biliary dilatation.
- Endoscopic Surgery
- We actively performing minimally invasive laparoscopic and thoracoscopic surgery on pediatric patients in order to minimize the surgical wounds.
- Malignant Tumors
- We provide interdisciplinary treatment to the pediatric patients with malignant solid tumors in cooperation with the department of Pediatrics.
- Organ Transplantation
- We actively perform pediatric organ transplantation, especially for liver transplantation and small bowel transplantation.
- Gastrointestinal Tract
- We treat patients with a wide range of gastrointestinal diseases from congenital anomalies such as intestinal atresia, imperforate anus, and Hirschsprung' disease to common diseases such as intussusception/appendicitis and ileus.
- Home Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition
- We provide home nutritional care services for pediatric patients with short-bowel syndrome, gastrointestinal dysmotility, and refractory diarrhea from the viewpoint of patient's development and growth.
- Examinations for Pediatric Patients
- We perform various kinds of examinations that require general anesthesia, such as upper gastrointestinal endoscopy, pediatric bronchoscopy, gastrointestinal manometry, 24-hour pH monitoring.
Our clinical section has been a leader in pediatric surgical technology in Japan for many years. We have inherited these accumulated experiences, as well as expertise and skill, striving to provide medical care services as a core facility for advanced techniques to treat pediatric surgical patients in Japan. We are committed to treatment of patients with neonatal surgical diseases and malignant solid tumors, organ transplantation, as well as pediatric nutritional management, endoscopic surgery, and conduct research on these. Needless to say, we, as a leader in the community, actively provide medical care services for pediatric patients with general diseases who require surgical treatment.
At present, three supervisory doctors and five medical specialists, who are certified by the Japanese Society of Pediatric Surgeons, work together in our clinical section. We are committed to providing surgical procedures to pediatric patients, focusing on patients' QOL and taking their growth into account, including endoscopic surgery, introduction of molecular target drug medication to treat pediatric cancers, promotion of hepatic/small bowel transplantation, regenerative medicine, and fetal therapy.
Considerations in referring your patients to Pediatric Surgery
Please feel free to contact us if you have difficulties in treating patients with pediatric surgical diseases. To make an appointment, please contact the Social Service Department (Tel: 06-6879-5080, Fax: 06-6879-5081).
We accept patients with a wide variety of diseases ranging from general diseases, including hernia inguinalis and umbilical hernia, to emergency diseases, including acute appendicitis and acute abdomen. Please contact the Outpatient clinic of Pediatric Surgery to consult about patients whose diseases are difficult to diagnose, and patients with abdominal/anal diseases resistant to treatment by internal medicine, and patients requiring examinations (Tel: 06-6879-5655, Fax: 06-6879-5659).
Out of office hours, at night, and on holidays, a pediatric surgeon on duty will accept patients (out of hours Tel: 06-6879-5111). Please contact the Medical office of Pediatric Surgery to consult about hospitalization and treatment/examinations.
Information for Outpatients
|First visit||8:30 am to 11:00 am|
|Revisit||8:30 am to 11:30 am|
|Revisit with appointment||8:30 am to 3:00 pm|
※First-time visitors to Osaka University Hospital must have a referral from a physician.
Outpatient consultation days
Monday to Friday
Saturdays, Sundays, Holidays New Year’s Holidays: Dec. 29 to Jan. 3
- New Patients
- Revisiting Patients with Appointments
- Revisiting Patients without Appointments
- Patients Consulting a Doctor from Another Clinical Section
- Patients Revisiting the Hospital after a Long Interval (6 months or more)
- Patients Undergoing Examinations such as X-ray, Blood Test or Electrocardiography
- At the Reception Counter of the Clinical Section
- In the Consultation Room
- How to Pay Your Medical Care Fee and Receive Prescribed Drugs
- If Certification is Needed
- Medical Care/Affairs
- Procedure for Modifying Patient’s Addresses, Names, Health Insurance Cards, etc.
- A Guide for Medical Interprete
- Rules of this hospital
- Pre-hospitalization Procedure
- Considerations upon Admission
- Hospitalization Procedure
- Rates for Special (Private) Rooms
- Method of Hospital Charges Payment
- Nursing Care
- Discharge Procedure
- Guidance of Hospital’s Accommodation Facility (Kasugaoka House)
- A Guide for Medical Interpreter
- Rules of this hospital