Nursing Specialist Clinic
Nursing Specialist Clinic
Specialized medical services
The Nursing Specialist Clinic was established to provide highly professional nursing by the Department of Nursing, with the Diabetes Care and Nursing Clinic in 2004, the Skin Care Clinic in 2011, and the Respiratory Care and Nursing Clinic in 2019. Certified diabetes educators and certified nurses provide advanced nursing techniques in collaboration with each clinical section.
Diabetes Care and Nursing Clinic
The Diabetes Care and Nursing Clinic provides foot care for diabetes patients with the guidance and cooperation of physicians of Metabolic Medicine, works to prevent the development and recurrence of diabetic foot lesions (foot ulcers, foot gangrene) and promotes the self-care of feet. At the same time, we provide guidance on diabetes treatment including insulin therapy and exercise regimen, as well as self-care support and consultation on individual patients' lifestyles. From September of 2012, reaffirming the importance of self-care by diabetes patients based on dietary regimen, we assembled a team of physicians of Metabolic Medicine, managerial dieticians and certified diabetes educators to halt the progress of diabetic kidney disease, which is one of the complications of diabetes, and have begun guidance on preventing diabetic dialysis. In addition to diabetic foot care and self-care support, we have established a Diabetic Complications Clinic and Diabetes Metabolic Station Clinic, where we perform many tests for diabetic vascular complications in cooperation with physicians of Metabolic Medicine, and strive both for early detection of diabetic complications and to prevent their progression.
- Diabetic foot care (by appointment):
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, mornings and afternoons; Friday mornings
- Diabetes self-care guidance (by appointment):
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, mornings and afternoons; Monday and Friday, mornings
(Guidance on self-injecting insulin and self-monitoring blood sugar is provided as needed.)
- Guidance to prevent diabetic dialysis (by appointment):
- Monday through Friday, mornings
- Diabetes metabolic station outpatients (by appointment):
- Monday afternoons
- Diabetic complications outpatients (by appointment):
- Friday afternoons
Skin Care Clinic
The Skin Care Clinic provides care for patients who have undergone stoma construction surgery, including children. Involved from even before surgery, we offer care in cooperation with ward nurses during hospitalization. So that patients living with a stoma can lead a better social life, after discharge from hospital we continue observation for early detection of stoma complications, select appropriate equipment, provide information on techniques of equipment and care, and provide psychological support.
- 1) Patients
- Patients who have undergone stoma construction surgery at this hospital
- 2) How to make an appointment
- Contact the certified skin and excretion care nurse. → The certified skin and excretion care nurse will enter the appointment.
- Gastrointestinal stoma:
- Wednesday mornings, Friday afternoons
- Urinary stoma:
- Thursday mornings
- The consultation day of the outpatient attending physician
Respiratory Care and Nursing Clinic
The Respiratory Care and Nursing Clinic provides patients who require respiratory therapy at home with medical support and consultation services tailored to their individual needs, and helps improve QOL after discharge.
In cooperation with the attending physician, we introduce and change the equipment for respiratory therapy, and evaluate and adjust the oxygen flow rate used. We also share in the patient's physical, emotional and social problems, conducting advanced care planning (ACP) to consider both the present and future, as well as provide support in deciding where and how to recuperate, so patients can live their own lives.
- Patients who have been prescribed home oxygen therapy or home mechanical ventilation (HMV including continuous positive airway pressure) at this hospital
- Patients who have undergone tracheal cannulation during treatment at this hospital
- 2）How to make an appointment
- Contact the certified nurse in chronic respiratory nursing. → The certified nurse in chronic respiratory nursing will enter the appointment.
Monday through Friday, afternoons
Lymphedema Nursing Clinic
Lymphedema is swelling of the arms and legs that occurs when the flow of lymph is blocked, and it is important that patients continually provide care in their daily lives. The Lymphedema Nursing Clinic provides instruction, including on compression therapy using elastic clothes (sleeves, stockings, etc.), self-massage, and skin care, and supports patients so that they can give themselves more effective care according to their lifestyle, age, and physical fitness.
* Currently, the Lymphedema Nursing Clinic is conducted at the patient's own expense outside insurance.
- Patients who have developed lymphedema on the hands or legs after cancer treatment such as surgery or radiation at this hospital
- Patients who have developed lymphedema on the hands or legs after cancer treatment such as surgery or radiation at another hospital
- Patients who have primary lymphedema without a history of surgery
- 2) How to make an appointment Attend Plastic Surgery's Lymphedema Clinic (Thursday mornings). The doctor will enter an appointment with the Lymphedema Nursing Clinic.
* Since the Lymphedema Nursing Clinic is at private expense, please note that it cannot be used on the same day as health insurance treatments and examinations, or during hospitalization
Information for Outpatients
|First visit||8:30 am to 11:00 am|
|Revisit||8:30 am to 11:30 am|
|Revisit with appointment||8:30 am to 3:00 pm|
※First-time visitors to Osaka University Hospital must have a referral from a physician.
Outpatient consultation days
Monday to Friday
Saturdays, Sundays, Holidays New Year’s Holidays: Dec. 29 to Jan. 3