Specialized medical services
- We provide the highest level of corneal treatment to patients, mainly corneal transplantation, but also treatment for corneal infections and dry eye, as well as refractive surgery. In particular, we are committed to the latest corneal parts transplantation (partial lamellar keratoplasty) such as descemet stripping endothelial keratoplasty, deep lamellar keratoplasty, limbus transplantation, and membrane transplantation. Moreover, we developed the world's first corneal regenerative treatment including tissue-engineered cell sheet transplantation and tissue-engineered oral-mucosal sheet transplantation, and accept many patients in Japan, as well as patients from foreign countries.
- Surgical retina
- We perform retinal detachment surgery and vitreous surgery in patients with severe fundus diseases including retinal detachment, diabetic retinopathy, degenerative myopia, retinal vein occlusion, and proliferative vitreoretinopathy. Moreover, we have performed sutureless small incision vitreous surgery on many patients with macular diseases such as macular hole, epiretinal membrane, and macular edema using the 23-27G system on the basis of day case or short-term hospitalization, achieving the early recovery of visual function through minimally invasive surgery.
- Medical retina
- We are committed to treatment by internal medicine including drug medication and photodynamic therapy for patients with various types of macular diseases such as age-related macular degeneration, as well as antibody therapy for patients with uveitis, and topical drug application for patients with refractory uveitis and infectious uveitis. We also energetically diagnose primary vitreoretinal lymphoma, which has increased recently, and treat this disease.
- We are committed to treatment and surgery on patients with all types of refractory glaucoma; in particular, we use the latest treatment techniques such as diagnostic imaging equipment, e.g., OCT, and antibody therapy to treat patients with neovascular glaucoma, angle-closure glaucoma, glaucoma associated with myopia, and pseudo exfoliation glaucoma at a high-precision level. Follow-up is performed on mild cases in cooperation with the ophthalmologists who referred the patient to us.
- Strabismic amblyopia/neuro-ophthalmology/pediatric ophthalmology
- Treats patients with pediatric/adult strabismus, retrobulbar neuritis, ischemic optic neuropathy, and Grave's disease. New visual function examinations are performed, including stereoscopic test in peripheral vision. We are proud of treating patients with intractable optic nerve diseases using our original technique of transcorneal electrical stimulation.
We introduced the specialized outpatient clinic system for the first time in Japan and have continued the system, providing high-quality medical care services to patients with almost all ophthalmologic diseases.
We performed more than 4,000 operations in 2015. Specifically, cataract surgery topped the list with nearly 2,000 cases, followed by more than 750 vitreous surgeries, over 250 glaucoma surgeries, more than 150 operations correcting strabismus, and over 100 corneal transplants, in addition to various operations such as ophthalmoplasty and lacrimal surgery.
Information for Outpatients
|First visit||8:30 am to 11:00 am|
|Revisit||8:30 am to 11:30 am|
|Revisit with appointment||8:30 am to 3:00 pm|
※First-time visitors to Osaka University Hospital must have a referral from a physician.
Outpatient consultation days
Monday to Friday
Saturdays, Sundays, Holidays New Year’s Holidays: Dec. 29 to Jan. 3